All in one designer and developer
Comfortable taking your concept from research to finished product.
Skills and Tools
- Accessible Design
- Usability Research
- User Interviews
- Journey Mapping
- Angular (especially combined with the Material framework)
- AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, CodeBuild, CodePipeline)
- RESTful APIs (creation, usage and testing)
- Playdate SDK
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall
- Epic planning
- Requirement documentation
- Software release
- Experience releasing to staging and production environments
- Iterative release behind feature flags
- Miro & FigJam
- Team Leadership and Management
I have a very open and iterative process, I like learning new things and improving.
I always do lots of research prior to starting any task. I believe good research can save lots of time in future product development and overall make a better experience while saving on cost.
Typically my process will work like so:
- Research the correct problem to solve and who we are solving it for
- Create low-fidelity designs
- Test basic ideas
- Create high-fidelity designs
- Test usability
- Plan development
- Develop the product
- Test (automated and with potential users)
- Launch, monitor and improve
While this process seems linear, typically it won’t be. I could learn something in usability testing which changes our understanding of a problem, and this will then mean we look at different solutions and potentially redefine the problem. I try to get as close to the best solution before starting to code as coding the wrong solution can waste a lot of time and money.