- Being the author of the featured article on their launch day.
- Helping to improve their SEO through planning of topics and terms to include in an article.
- Being part of the writing team recruited to help launch their Editor X platform.
Detailed work description
In early 2020 I was approached by Wix to be an author on their new publication, covering design and technology.
In this role, I:
- suggested relevant topics that the design community would want to read about,
- wrote articles surrounding these topics,
- worked with editors to polish the article for release and integrate important SEO terms.
Here is a list of some of the articles of mine which Wix have published already:
How Designers Can Help Mitigate the Next Pandemic
As a society, we rely on touch for almost everything we do. From our smartphones to how we use public transport. However, touch can be dangerous. Covid-19 is primarily transmitted through droplets being spread from person-to-person from the mouth or nose (e.g. a cough or a sneeze).
Health Wearables and How Their Design Affects Our Wellbeing
Jason hadn't been feeling right for a few weeks. He hadn't thought much of it. That was until he put on his Apple Watch. "It said that I was in aFib". Jason shrugged it off, assuming it was a false positive or a bug and went into work.
Should Designers Code? Revisiting an Age-Old Discussion
Symbiosis is a part of life, and it has been crucial to the success of many creatures (not just humans) for many years. For example, let's talk about the oxpecker and the zebra. In the wild, the oxpecker (a bird) will reside on a zebra's back, and it will eat ticks off their body.
10 Best VR Websites That Highlight the Future of Web Design
Design on the web is constantly shifting. From boxy, grey buttons to parallax scrolling, we've seen a number of different trends come and go - often leaving their best bits to inspire the next design movement. One particular style which is beginning to gain traction on the web is VR (Virtual Reality).